To listen from your computer:
- If you want to listen now: on the main page of this site, click on the “listen to this episode” link under the episode you want to hear. This will launch your computer’s preferred audio player and begin playing the episode through your computer’s speakers.
- If you want to save an episode to listen to later: right-click on the “listen to this episode” link, and select “save link as.” You will then be prompted to save the audio file for that episode to your hard drive. You can then open up this file any time you like. (Opening the file will, as above, launch your computer’s preferred audio player.)
To listen from an mp3 player (e.g., an iPod):
- If you use iTunes: Open up iTunes. Go to the iTunes Store. Search for “missing link podcast.” This podcast should be one of the first results listed. (It will be the one that has Elizabeth Green Musselman listed as the artist.) Then, you can either:
- Click on the “subscribe” button next to the listing for this podcast. This will upload the most recent episode to your iTunes account, and prompt your iTunes program to automatically download new episodes as they become available. You will also see in your podcasts listing in iTunes that the older episodes are available for download.
- Click on the small arrow next to the title of this podcast. This will take you to this podcast’s page in iTunes. There, you can manually select for download the specific episodes that interest you.
- If you use a different podcatcher, such as Juice: You can find the RSS feed for the audio files on the main page. In the right-hand column, look for the orange square-shaped RSS icon with the words “subscribe in a reader” next to it. Right-click on this. Select “copy link location.” Then paste the feed address into your podcatcher.
- If you do not use any of the above, and just want to save an individual episode or two onto your mp3 player: On the main podcast web page, go to the show notes for the episode you want to download. Right-click on “listen to this episode.” This will prompt you to save the mp3 file to your hard drive. Save it anywhere you like, but note where it is on your hard drive. Then, open your mp3 player’s software, and import the mp3 file. The podcast episode will then appear as if it were a new song that you just uploaded.